Export Chart Notes
You can export chart notes for a selected set of patients from Insight EMR to a location on your computer. These files can later be submitted to a Medicare RAC auditor for review.
To export patient chart notes, use the following steps.
- From the Utilities menu, select Export Chart Notes. The Chart Note Export dialog box appears.
- In the Export Directory field, enter the path to the folder that you are using to store the patient chart notes or click ellipsis to browse for the folder.
- In the Patients to Export field, click arrow to display a list from which you can select the patients whose chart notes you want to export. You select patients to export by clicking the check box by their names.
- In the Daily Chart Note Print Layout field, click arrow to display a list from which you can select your desired chart format.
- In the Evaluation Print Layout field, click arrow to display a list from which you can select your desired evaluation print layout.
- Click OK to export all chart notes for the selected patients into the export directory that you specified.
The files are exported to the directory that you specified. The system creates a folder in the directory for each letter of the alphabet, based on the first letter of the last name of the patients that you selected for export. Within each alphabetically named folder, subfolders are created for each patient whose last name begins with the letter.
Each patient subfolder contains one or more case subfolders that have been created for that patient.
Each case subfolder contains a list of PDF files for each visit associated with that case.