Add the Therapist Signature to Clinical Documentation Reports
Adding a signature to documentation is a two step process. First, you add an electronic signature image to the staff record. Then you add the signature image to the Print Layout template.
You can also use these instructions to add a electronic image for any staff member that is co-signer.
Adding an Electronic Signature Image to the Staff Record
Use the following steps to add an electronic signature image to the staff record.
- Sign across the entire top of an 8.5 x 11" printer paper using a black felt-tipped marker (such as a standard Sharpie). Scan and save a copy to your desktop as a .png file. If your scanner doesn't have .png as an option, please do a quick Google search of your file type to .png to find a website that will convert your files for free.
- Log in to INSIGHT.
- From the Edit menu, select Staff or press F6 to open the Staff Editor dialog box.
- Select the staff member for whom you will add an electronic signature.
- At the bottom of the Staff Editor dialog, select <Click here to add signature>.
The Select or Add Images dialog appears.
- Select Attach and browse to your desktop and double click the image file you saved in Step 1. The Select or Add Images window displays with a preview of the signature.
- Select OK to confirm your signature selection.
- At the Staff Editor dialog, select Save to save your changes.
Note: For best results, signature images must be less than 300 pixels high and 800 pixels wide. You can resize if necessary.
Adding the Signature Image to the Print Layout Template
Use the following steps to add a signature image to the Print Layout template.
- From the Templates menu, select Print Layout.
- Use the drop down arrow to select the print layout to which you would like to attach your signature.
- In the Summary section at the bottom of the Manage Chart Printing Layouts dialog, click <<Signer>>.
Note: Make sure your cursor is on <<Signer>>. Your signature is inserted wherever your cursor is positioned.
- In the left portion of the Manage Chart Printing Layouts dialog,select Visit from the Fields list. A list of fields associated with the visit appears.
- Double-click Signature Image (or Co-Signature Image to add a co-sign image). The Select Alignment dialog box appears.
- Select how you would like to align the signature and click OK.
- Optionally select the Charts tab, click Print and select the print layout. A print preview window appears.