The National Provider Identifier is a standard, unique 10 digit identification number for healthcare providers mandated by HIPAA.
- More information about requesting an NPI is available at the National Plan and Enumeration System website.
- CMS also has an NPI Homepage with useful background information.
Entering NPI Numbers for Referring Physicians
- From the Edit menu, select Contacts. The Add/Edit Contact dialog box appears.
- Enter the referring physician's NPI in the Nat'l Provider ID# field.
Entering NPI Numbers for Staff
- From the Edit menu, select Staff. The Add/Edit Staff dialog displays.
- Enter the staff member's NPI in the NPI# field, as shown.
Entering NPI Numbers for Your Company and Clinics
- From the Settings menu, select Company & Clinic Info. The Company Info and Clinic Management dialog displays.
- Enter the NPI numbers for your company and clinics in the National Prov ID # field, as shown.