Remove a Therapist from the Schedule
When a therapist is no longer working at the clinic, you will need to remove them from the schedule. Use the steps below to manually remove the therapist's schedule from the Schedule Editor and mark the therapist as inactive.
Step 1: Determine if the Therapist is Active
- From the Edit menu, select Staff. The Add/Edit Staff dialog displays.
You can alternatively either press F6 or click to open the Add/Edit Staff dialog box.
- Click the Name arrow to display a list from which you can select the therapist that needs to be removed from the schedule.
- Confirm that the Active and Show in Schedule check boxes are selected. The Show in Schedule option allows the therapist's name to be visible in the Schedule Editor, not the actual schedule. Therapists are always visible on the schedule if they have time scheduled on the clinic's calendar.
Step 2: Manually Remove the Therapist's Schedule from the Clinic's Calendar.
- From the Edit menu, select Schedules. The Set Staff Schedule dialog displays. You can alternatively either press F5 or click to open the Set Staff schedule dialog. The schedule opens to the current week by default.
- Select the clinic and therapist.
- If there is a lunch break schedule, right-click it for the first day of the week (Monday) and select Delete Selected. If there is no lunch break scheduled, select the therapist's available time, right click and select Delete Selected.
- Once Monday is blank on the therapist's calendar, right-click and select Copy Selected Day and then All Days. Now all days for the week are blank.
- In the Copy To These Dates area of the dialog, set a start date the therapist should not be on the schedule in the Start Date field. Then set the end date to a date a couple months in the future in the End Date field. Select Copy Schedule.
This removes the therapist from the schedule for the specified time-frame. If there are any appointments on the schedule, a warning message displays that indicates how many scheduled appointments have been removed from the therapist's calendar and have no therapist currently assigned. A white 15 minute block of time is added to each of these days at noon, as a place holder to remind you to reschedule these appointments. To do so, go to the Schedule tab and select the Conflicts subtab to see which appointments need to be deleted, recreated and assigned to a different therapist.
Once the appointments have been reassigned, remove all of the placeholders by right-clicking each and selecting Delete.
Step 3: Set the Therapist to Inactive
- From the Edit menu, select Staff. The Add/Edit Staff dialog displays. You can alternatively either press F6 or click to open the Add/Edit Staff dialog.
- Click the Name arrow to display a list from which you can choose the therapist that needs to be removed from the schedule.
- Clear the Active and Show in Schedule check box.