Add Supply Codes to the Fee Schedule
Supplies that are dispensed by a therapist during a visit are entered in the Supplies area of the clinical documentation as illustrated below.
Setting Up “Other Charges” in Insight EMR
Each supply in the EMR must have a Charge Code and this code must be unique. These Charge Codes are a maximum of 5 characters in length and may be alphanumeric. The supply may ultimately be billed to insurance with a standard HCPCS Code in Insight Billing . In the billing, a charge code will be mapped to the appropriate HCPCS code for insurance billing. HCPCS codes do not need to be unique for a particular item. To set up supply codes, refer to Set Up Supplies.
For example, two items are set up that are billed out using the Supplies section in documentation and both of these items are billed with the E0191 HCPCS code. Each of these is documented in the Clinic View with their associated charge code and billed with the appropriate HCPCS and fee.
|Insight EMR||Insight Billing|
|Supply Name||Charge Code||Fee||HCPCS Code|
|Neoprene Elbow Sleeve||NEOES||$42.50||E0191|
|Heelbo Elbow Pad||HEEEP||$32.00||E0191|
Use the following procedure to enter supply codes in the Charge Codes list.
- From the Billing menu, select Rules and Charge Codes.
- Click the Charge Codes tab.
- Click Add to add a new row in the Charge Codes area of the dialog.
- Add a unique, five digit charge code for the supply in the Code field.
- Enter a description of the supply in the Description field.
- Click OK to save your changes and close the Edit Billing Rules and Charges dialog.
Use the following procedure to add charge codes to Fee Schedule list.
Note: If you are a TotalInsight customer, this step will be taken care of by your Billing Services Representative.
- From the Billing menu, select Fee Schedules. The Fee Schedule Editor displays.
- Add the supply charge code in the Charge Code field.
- Add a HCPCS or CPT code in the Bill As field. This code is used for billing the supply to the payer.