Set Up Program Types
You select the program type when you Enter Basic Case Information.
Perform the following steps to set up program types from either Insight EMR or Insight Billing.
- From the Settings list, select Program Types.
- Click Add .
- Enter a short abbreviation for the program and a description of the program and click Save.
- If you would like to assign existing cases to a new Program Type, click the Assign button and select appropriate cases.
Perform the following steps to set up referral sources from either Insight EMR or Insight Billing.
- From the Settings list, click Referral Sources.
- Click Add to create a new row in the Referral Sources dialog.
- Enter a description in the Referral Source column.
- In the Type column, select a referral source type from the list, as illustrated.
Referral Source Types
The following list describes the referral source types that are available from the Type list.
- Client – Tracks patients that are referred by one of your other patients.
- Staff – Tracks patients that are referred because of the efforts of someone on your staff. In this example, "Therapist by Name" is being used to track patients that are referred to a specific therapist in your clinic.
- Contact – Tracks patients that are referred by a non-physician contact, such as an attorney.
- Not a Person – Tracks patients that selected your clinic on the basis of some sort of advertisement or promotion. "Not a Person" should be used to track patients that selected your clinic on the basis of an internet search.