Recommended System Specifications
Recommended system specifications for INSIGHT applications.
Hardware (Laptop or Desktop Computer)
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Operating System
- Adobe Reader DC (most current version)
- Google Chrome Browser (most current version)
- Microsoft SQL Native client 10.5 (or better)
- Microsoft .Net 4.0 (or better)
INSIGHT EMR, INSIGHT Billing, and InsightGO are data-intensive applications. For optimal performance, we recommend an average Internet connection speed of:
- Ideal Download Speed: at least 25 Mbps (megabits per second)
- Ideal Upload Speed: at least 2 Mbps upload for the average-sized clinic (5-10 users, not including a guest wi-fi network)
For larger clinics, please consult your Internet Service Provider or IT professional for a recommendation. The faster, the better—especially if your clinic uses any of our partner integrations.
The bare minimum Internet connection speeds are 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload. To verify your Internet speed, check out this free speed test.
- Firewall Exception Rule (applicable for both standalone appliances and end-user workstations) – Inbound/outbound allow https://*.clinicient.com on port number 11433.
- Antivirus Exception Rule for Insight’s application executable installation directory (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Clinicient).
- Wireless N 300Mbps (or better) wireless access points with adequate signal coverage.
- Wired LAN Ethernet switches and routers with 1Gbps interfaces.
- We recommend following a 3-year lifecycle/refresh schedule for all technical equipment.
- We advise alignment with a Value-Added Reseller (VAR) to facilitate management and procurement of the technical equipment and refresh logistics. Clinicient can assist with aligning a resource.
- We advise leveraging an IT specialist (either in-house or contracting with a 3rd party) to perform annual network assessments for testing speed and security policies. Clinicient can assist with aligning a resource.
- We advise implementing a file sharing tool that each end-user can access such as Google Drive, Microsoft One Drive or Dropbox.
|October 26th, 2022: Screen size recommendation and internet speed section added, recommended hard drive space updated.|