Company and Clinic Setup
How to enter basic information about your company and clinics.
Note: When entering company and clinic names and addresses, please do not use any special characters such as quotation marks, parentheses, or brackets. Special characters, extra spaces, and punctuation entered in the wrong place can all cause claims to be rejected at the clearinghouse or payer level. As a best practice, always review manually typed information for accuracy.
Company and Clinic Info
In the process of setting up Insight EMR for your company and clinics, there are various bits of information that are used in various parts of the application. This information includes:
- Name, address, and phone numbers for the parent company of one or more clinics
- Name, address, phone numbers, and e-mail address for individual clinics
- Billing information for individual clinics, including tax and provider ID numbers and listing of insurance providers
- Billing ID information including agency type and taxonomy code
- Pay To Address information.
These values can appear on patient statements and various billing documents and records and are entered and modified in the Company and Clinic Management Dialogue Box.
Company Info and Clinic Management Dialog Box
To access the company Info and Clinic management dialogue box, from the menu bar click Settings> Company and Clinic Info.
There are two parts to the dialogue box:
- Information that pertains to the parent company, (found in the upper section of the dialogue box) and
- Information that pertains to specific clinics (found in the lower section of the dialogue box).
If you are a private practice with a single clinic, the information in both sections will most likely be the same. However, if you are a practice that has multiple clinics, you will need to enter in the clinic specific information for each separate clinic.
The Company Info section contains details about the Parent Company. This is the name of the company that owns the clinic(s). You will need to enter:
- Parent Company – The name of the company that owns the clinic(s).
- Billing Name – The company name as it should appear for billing purposes.
- Address – The mailing address including the city, state, and zip code.
- Fax/Telephone – The fax and telephone number used to communicate with the parent company.
This section contains information about the type of practice as well as ID numbers associated with the company.
- Agency Type - From the dropdown menu select the type of agency that best fits your organization.
- Taxonomy Code - From the dropdown menu select the Taxonomy code that best fits your organization. Taxonomy Codes are HIPAA Standard Transaction Codes that classify health care providers by type and area of specialization. There are specific taxonomy codes for physicians and for the rehabilitation professionals on your staff.
- Federal Tax ID# - Enter in your organization’s federal Tax ID number.
- National Prov ID# - Enter in your organization’s National Provider ID number. The National Provider Identifier is a standard, unique 10 digit identification number for healthcare providers mandated by HIPAA. This number may also be used for one or more clinics.
This section contains checkboxes that are used to control functionality in INSIGHT for the entire database, across all clinics.
- Require cosign for non-evaluation appointments – In a co-sign situation, (as required by clinic policy or regulatory requirements) INSIGHT requires a cosign for all evaluation appointments. Check this box if you want the system to also require a cosign for non-evaluation appointments as well.
- Separate EDI Claims by Clinic – This box tells INSIGHT to send out electronic claims separately for each clinic. If you have multiple clinics, this box should be checked.
Pay To Address Information
This is the primary address where payers send payments to the company. You will need to enter:
- Name – Name of the Parent Company
- Address and City/State/Zip – Address where you want payments sent to the company.
- Telephone – the Telephone number that will be included with the Pay To Address information.
ERA File Location
Browse to select the file path for where you want your ERA files to be stored.
This section allows you to add and delete clinics, as well as enter in information specific to each clinic.
Enter a New Clinic
- To enter in a new clinic, click the New Button.
- Enter in the new clinic’s name and click the OK Button.
- Enter in the Clinic information for each of the three tabs: Clinic Info, Clinic Billing Info, and (if necessary) Pay To Address Info.
Clinic Info Tab
This tab contains the information specific to the clinic you created. You will need to enter:
- Name – The name of the clinic.
- Address and City/State/Zip – The physical address of the clinic.
- Phone – The telephone number of the clinic.
- Fax – The fax number for the clinic.
- Email – An email address that can be used to contact the clinic.
- Active Checkbox – This checkbox tells INSIGHT that this is an active clinic currently seeing patients. If the clinic is no longer active, uncheck this box.
Clinic Billing Info Tab
This tab contains the information about the clinic that will go onto the claim form. You will need to enter:
- Billing Name – The name of the entity you want to show up on the claim form.
- Address and City/State/Zip – Address where you want non-electronic payments sent to the company.
- Billing Phone – The telephone number that will be included with the claim.
- Tax ID – The clinic’s unique identifier used for tax purposes.
- National Provider ID – If the clinic has a unique National Provider ID (NPI), enter it in here. If not, enter in the parent company’s NPI.
- Place of Service – Select the appropriate place of service from the drop down list of options.
- Taxonomy Code – Select the appropriate taxonomy code based on the type of service performed at the clinic.
Clinic Pay To Address Info Tab
The Pay To Address is only used in a few very specific cases when a company requires a separate lock box address for each individual clinic. Only use this setting if your Implementation Consultant instructs you to.
- Name – The name payments will be to be sent to.
- Address/City/State/Zip – The location the physical check will be sent to.
- Telephone – The phone number to be used for inquiries about payment.
- Use Company Pay To Address - By default, this box is checked. When the box is checked, INSIGHT will use the information listed in the Company Pay To Address in the top right hand of the Company and Clinic Information Dialogue Box. If you have separate lock boxes for each clinic, you can uncheck the box and enter in the address for the Clinic-specific lock box. This address will now override the Company Pay To Address.
Select a Different Clinic
To select a different clinic, click the down arrow next to the clinic name and click on the name of the clinic you wish to select.
The information displayed in the Clinic specific sections will now correspond to the new clinic you selected.
Delete a Clinic
- To delete a clinic, select the desired clinic so that it shows up in the Clinic field and then click the Delete button.
- A warning dialogue box will appear asking if you wish to delete the clinic. Click the Yes button to remove the clinic and all of its information from INSIGHT.
This section allows you to make modifications to what information goes out on the Patient Statements.
- Statement Address – Use the drop down menu to select which of the addresses (Company Info, Clinic Address, Clinic Billing Address, or Pay To Address) you wish to appear on the Patient Statements.
- Use Clinic Credit Card Settings – Use this check box if you want the statements to include which credit cards the clinic accepts.
Clinic Provider Numbers
This section allows you to select the various insurance plans that have been entered into INSIGHT and add your clinic Provider number.
A provider number may be issued by the payer for a specific provider and may or may not be required for billing. However, this field is informational only. The Group Provider ID, Group Provider ID PT, Group Provider ID OT and Group Provider ST fields in the General Billing Tab of Edit Payer window are the fields that appear on the claim.
Note: Not all payers require a Provider Number. For many payers, it is only a requirement if the Provider Number is different for each clinic location.
- To add a Provider number click the Plus button. This will create a blank row.
- To select an insurance plan, click into the row in the Insurance Plans box and then click the down arrow.
- Select the desired insurance plan from the list.
- Enter in the provider number in the Provider # column next to the Insurance Plan name.
- Repeat until you have added in the provider number to all the desired insurance plans.
- Click the Save and Close Button.
Reviewing Company or Clinic Change Logs
Use the following steps to review changes that have been made to your company or clinic settings.
- Open INSIGHT EMR.
- From the Settings menu, select Company and Clinic Info. The Company Info and Clinic Management dialog displays.
- Click . The Company & Clinic Change Log dialog displays.
- Select the Company tab to review changes to your company settings. To view the initial values entered about your company in the Company Info and Clinic Management dialog fields, select the Display Initial Entries check box.
- Select the Clinics tab to review changes made to each of your clinic settings. To view the initial values entered about your clinics in the Company Info and Clinic Management dialog fields, select the Display Initial Entries check box.
- Click Close to close the change log and return to the Company Info and Clinic Management dialog.