Create Chart Templates from Documentation
How to create a Chart Template from completed documentation.
Chart Templates are pre-configured documentation forms created for different patient conditions and can be loaded for a patient visit prior to entry of the documentation results. You can configure Chart Templates for a general condition (Low Back Pain, Shoulder Pain), or for more specific conditions (Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Post Rotator Cuff Surgery).
Chart Templates can include placeholders for results, default results for clinical tests and measurements, and pre-formatted text. They can also include required fields.
Launching the Chart Template Editor
Follow these steps to add your completed documentation as a Chart Template by launching the Chart Template Editor:
- In the Chart Tab toolbar, click Chart Templates. Then click Edit Chart Templates from the list.
- The Chart Template Editor appears. Existing chart yemplates will appear in a list as shown here.
Creating a New Chart Template
Use the following procedure to create a new Template:
- From the Chart Template Editor, click Add.
- Select the desired category or enter a new category and a name for the new chart template in the Name field.
- Select Currently Selected Visit.
- Click OK.
- The Topic Panel and a copy of the documentation for the visit appear as shown here.
Double click results to add placeholders as desired in the documentation preview. You can choose to leave the default results:
Adding Required Elements
Right click documentation items and select This is Required to add the item as a required element in the chart template.
Note: Clinical staff will not be able to sign off on documentation when using the chart template if they do not complete required elements.
Required elements for the Chart Template will appear with a red underline.
Test and Measurement Items
You can leave default measurements or test results in the Chart Template.
Adding Additional Documentation Items from a Topic
You can also add additional documentation items to the Chart Template by selecting them from the Topic Tree.