Apply a Patient Credit to a Patient's Balance
When a patient pre-pays for co-insurance, a deductible, or copay, a credit needs to be applied to the balance of the patient's account. Use Cash Collections found on the Payments F5 tab to generate a list of patients that have a balance and a credit. This list should be worked at a minimum on a weekly basis, and before printing a patient statement.
Use the following instructions to apply a credit to a patient's account balance.
- Log in to INSIGHT Billing.
- From the Payments F5 tab, select the Cash Collections subtab.
- Ensure the Display Copay Obligations check box is selected.
- Click Refresh.
- Use the Payments drop down arrow to see a list of patients that have a balance and a credit.
- Select the patient.
- Patient charges display at the bottom of the screen, these charges are at patient responsibility. Click the Apply Payment button to apply the credit to the balances. If the patient has more then one credit available, you will continue to see payments until there is no more credit or no more balance.