Use filters to limit what is displayed on the screen and make it easier to find particular areas you need to focus on. There are two different ways to filter information in Insight; you can use the button from the toolbar or the arrow located on the right side of the column. The button is only available on the Charges or Claims tab.
The instructions below describe how to create a filter using from the toolbar.
- Log in to Insight Billing.
- Select the Charges or Claims tab.
- Click and select Edit Filter from the toolbar.
- At the Manage Custom Filters window, click New.
- Enter a filter name. Make sure to use a descriptive name so you can determine what information you are looking at when using the filter.
- Select the clinic, staff, claim types, payer category, and payers you would like to filter.
- Click OK to save the filter. Each time you click , you will see a list of all your saved custom filters.
The image below shows a filter that is set to show all claims for Insight Physical Therapy.
The instructions below describe how to use the arrow to the right of a column heading to custom filter.
- Log in to INSIGHT Billing.
- Select the tab you are working with.
- Click the to the right of a column heading that you would like to filter.
- Select the data you wish to use as a filter. For example, to display all charges for a particular payer, you can filter on PlanName. Click the to the right of the heading PlanName. A drop-down menu shows all the plans currently available in the column. Click on a plan name to select it. The tab refreshes so that it only shows charges for that payer.
Tip: You can also create custom column filters on a column by right-clicking and selecting Custom.
The image below shows a column filter that is set to display only Aetna charges.